Sunday, April 29, 2007

Big Wheel




So, today someone asked me if I had ever owned a Big Wheel. I got one for my 6th birthday. I rode that thing until the front wheel literally split in half. I loved that it had a handbrake on the side so you could do skids around corners. I used to pedal really quickly down my driveway and then when I got to the bottom I would pull the brake to hear that awesome sound of fat plastic tires scraping against cement and also to experience the feeling of spinning in a circle! I remember when the Green Machine came out shortly after the Big Wheel. I hated that thing because it was too complicated to steer. Stick shifts? Come on! It also felt like you were laying down while riding it. And don't even get me started on the Inchworm! That thing required too much footwork and took forever to get anywhere! The Big Wheel was definitely where it was at!

Powered by WebRing.

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!
We Have FREE MEDIA MAIL SHIPPING On Books, Records, Comic Books, Magazines, Coloring Books, DVD'S & VHS
Google