Sunday, March 25, 2007

My First Album!

So I thought it would be interesting to hear about everyone's first album purchase. I remember all the details of my purchase. It was 1978. I was 8 years old and I was living in Santa Fe, New Mexico. My sister and I walked to Gibson's. It was like a Woolworth minus the restaurant. We went straight to the music section. I wasn't too sure what I wanted. I thought I had wanted a Kiss album, but then I was also craving an Alvin and the Chipmunks album as well. But then, my eye caught something, and the decision was made in an instant. Yes, folks, it was Queen's "News of the World". Why this album? The cover of course! A robot with human facial features with blood on his middle finger holding lifeless people. Aw man! This was awesome! I'm pretty sure I had never heard "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions", but I was quickly smitten. Who would have ever predicted that a few years later, I, a wise-ass 13 year old, would use this very album as a frisbee! Pity.
Powered by WebRing.

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!
We Have FREE MEDIA MAIL SHIPPING On Books, Records, Comic Books, Magazines, Coloring Books, DVD'S & VHS
Google