Monday, May 28, 2007

Fonzie...I'm Sorry...

Hey Fonz. I am sorry for neglecting you, but life is hard sometimes. I guess you know that, huh? Anyway, I wish I could fix a bike like you. Or start a jukebox with a "RAP!!!" of my fist. You rule, dude. Seriously. I love you Fonzie. I really really love you. AYYYYYY....Sit on it! Turkey!

Why do I profess love to a TV character, you might ask? Don't think I haven't heard it before. You and all of your "reality" and such. Truth is, I love George Jefferson way more. And then there is Jack Tripper...

Still here, huh? Sorry. You must forgive me. I have seen a lot of TV. Ahhh, grab that "too much" from the tip of your tongue, and you answer me this: Do you know what the Grand Poobah is? I rest my case.

Ok, off to other news..."scientists" have discovered a way to "translate" the DNA patterns of protein in our blood into musical notes that are pleasant to the human ear. please let that sink in a while....now tell me the sky is falling...that's right, it will enable the sightless to study these patterns by listening...sky is falling...

in less "weighty" news...I have, of late, really been into "Alice" lately. It's not really about "Kiss My Grits!", though Flo is key to the entertainment value in general, but the magic lies in the show's opening credits. Picture a brown 1970's station wagon on some god-forsaken desert highway in Phoenix. Cue drum beat and smooth wah guitar. And then, "Early to rise, Early to bed...." Sung in the sassiest of sassy broadwayesque vamping vampitude. Linda Lavin, Alice herself, belts out a gem that Ethel Merman would get misty at. The best part of the song, BY FAR, is when she nails this couplet: "There's a new girl in towwwwwwwn and she's (uhh!) lookin' good! There's a fresh - freckle-face! in the (wait) neighborhood!" I don't know, maybe it's just the evening breeze, but I feel a little misty, myself. No one does "sass" like you, Linda Lavin. Will you return? And not just as "The Nana" on the, now defunct, O.C. No, we need you as "Alice" once again. Don't scoff! I mean this. We need "Alice" more than ever. She raised "Tommy" all by herself, after her truck-driving hubby up and died. That's right, baby, "single parenthood" on the TV. Ok, well. I fear I have run afoul of the common bounds of discourse already, if not by the use of the word "vampitude", certainly by my desperate plea to Linda Lavin to reenter our collective pop culture psyche. Have I made my point yet? Please, I must go finish an episode of Maude.

caught ya reading still. pretty strange, wouldn't ya say? Still reading THIS?

Who Loves Ya Baby?
E$ Does



The following are the words to each version of the theme song. For the first 6 seasons, there was a new variation, although several had the same lyrics. Where applicable, click on the season number to hear the theme song.
Seasons 1 & 2 (4 variations, the short version was used occasionally during
season 3 when Philip McKeon wasn't on that episode, although
this was after it started airing on CBS daily in the morning,
E! shows two episodes with this version):

Early to rise, early to bed.
In and between I cooked and cleaned and went out of my head.
Going through life with blinders on, it's tough to see.
I had to get up, get out from under and look for me.
*There's a new girl in town and she's looking good.
*There's a fresh freckled face, in the neighborhoood.
There's a new girl in town, with a brand new style.
She was just passing through,
but if things work out she's gonna stay awhile....ba ba bum bum bummmm
(the two short versions omitted the lines marked with a *)


Seasons 3 & 5 (three variations, 2 of them for season 3):

Used to be sad, used to be shy
Funniest thing, the saddest part is I never knew why...
Kickin' myself for nothin' was my favorite sport
I had to get out and start enjoyin' 'cause life's too short
There's a new girl in town, 'cause I'm feelin good.
Get a smile, get a song, for the neighborhood
there's a new girl in town on her own two feet
and this girl's here to say
with some luck and love life's gonna be
so sweeeeeeeeeet!


Season 4

Used to be sad, used to be shy
Funniest thing, the saddest part is I never knew why...
Kickin' myself for nothin' was my favorite sport
I had to take off and start enjoyin' 'cause life's too short
There's a new girl in town, 'cause I'm feelin good.
Get a smile, get a song, for the neighborhood
Things are great when you stand on your own two feet
and this girl's here to say
with some luck and love life's gonna be
so sweeeeeeeeeet!

Seasons 6-9:
I used to be sad, I used to be shy
Funniest thing, the saddest part is I never knew why...
Kickin' myself for nothin' was my favorite sport
I had to take off, start enjoyin' 'cause life's too short
There's a new girl in town, 'cause I'm feelin good.
Get a smile, get a song, for the neighborhood
Things are great when you stand on your own two feet
and this girl's here to say
with some luck and love life's gonna be
so sweeeeeeeeeet!

Oh Yeah. Still Reading.
Powered by WebRing.

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!

The Umbrella Of Retro Goodness!
We Have FREE MEDIA MAIL SHIPPING On Books, Records, Comic Books, Magazines, Coloring Books, DVD'S & VHS
Google